Introducing yoga at a young age can have a profound effect on a child’s physical, mental, and spiritual development. Aside from the physical health benefits of the yoga postures and breathing exercises, yoga fosters a sense of stillness of mind, equanimity, and peace.
Nobody is too young to be a yogi!
- Asanas– Adapted age appropriate asanas, taking into consideration the contraindications of certain poses during certain phases of development. Asanas are renamed and presented in a way that appeals to kids.
- Pranayama– Modified pranayama taking into consideration all the contraindications of certain breathing exercises on certain age groups. In Kids yoga we do not do strenuous pranayamas or retention of the breath.
- Yoga games, activities, and stories– we use various arts and crafts, games, and also story time to teach kids about yoga philosophy. The kids yoga practices are all fun and conducted in an interesting way.
- Relaxation– An age appropriate approach to yoga nidra or a complete relaxation. We use guided imagery and breathing techniques to guide the kids into a deep state of relaxation.
- Asana practice in nature.
- These days children are using computers, phones, and televisions more and more and are spending less time in playing, being outside, and using their creativity. As a result, even young children can forget their true nature. Yoga is one of the few tools we have in today’s society to bring an individual back in touch with their true nature.